FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: BITTER SWEET Send up to three poems on the subject of or at least mentioning the words bitter and/or sweet, totaling up to 150 lines in length, in the body of an email message or attached in a Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on September 20th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Bitter Sweet will be published online and invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, September 21st between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Friday, September 20, 2024

gia civerolo

bittersweet *pomo haiku


She savored the taste


Bitter and sweet together


Like hurt and anger



*pomo stands for post-modern





sea level


How do I swim?

Across the sea

Of possibilities

Through ocean blue

 

Where each breath

Breathes tranquility

Past the surfers

Waiting for waves

 

I nosedive under

Beginning foam

Flying in liquid to

Bathtub water calm  


Sprinkles of sunshine

Diamond sparkling on

Droplets of sweet skin

Dolphins racing me

 

I beg them 

Take me with you

Bitter sadness when

I can’t see them 

 

Anymore. I promise

Myself one day

My ashes will blend

With the sea

 

I will finally get to be

The mermaid 

I always wanted to be

Someday

 



adult dress up


So, what will you be?

Once upon a time

When the trauma train

Stops running through

Your veins?


So, what will you be?

You packed your

Bitterness in a 

Beat up suitcase. 

Maybe?


Can’t walk away

As it goes

Round and round

On the carousel

Once upon a time? 


Mary Poppins

Whisked you away

To chalk paintings

Dripping wet pavements.

Once upon a times?


So, what will you be?

The absence of you

Is slowly being filled

Velvet petals, sweet 

Smelling Lavender fields


Wisp of a cloud’s smile

How could I possibly

Be filling up the hole?

Words you weave 

Reach me. Can I be whole?


What will you be?

What will you be?

What will you be?

It’s simple~

Love


No comments:

Post a Comment

Marvinlouis Dorsey

What has happened  to my sha- dow how many colors are in eyes  of the  foolish  some- one has us in this  place time where no one  knows how...