FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: BITTER SWEET Send up to three poems on the subject of or at least mentioning the words bitter and/or sweet, totaling up to 150 lines in length, in the body of an email message or attached in a Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on September 20th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Bitter Sweet will be published online and invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, September 21st between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozábal

Wheel of Light 


The sun spun around 

like a wheel of light

flowing like water

throughout the day;

and the moon, the jealous

moon waited its turn

to shine its white light.


On bent branches

birds sang 

and sang

throughout the day,

filling bitter hearts

with honey.


Wine was poured.

Beauty drank.

The wheel of light

shone on her wedding

dress, lifted her skirt

every step she took.

The white dove moon

with its burning breast

longs to be like the sun.

It spilt its light like blood.


The sun spun around

flowing its light like water

on the wedding day.

The jealous moon waited-

for its turn to shine.




Toss Your Words into the Sea


Toss your words into the sea.

Kick them up into the sky.

Offer them to the void.

Every precious word inside.


Sing of loss and let it go.

Perhaps it is for the best.

Fling your worries to the wind.

Spill your heartache just like wine.


Let your blues go up in smoke.

Toss your words into the sea.

Its pure waters will wipe them 

clean.  Let the waves change

them in extraordinary ways

from bitter to sweet and back again.




Fugitive Word

 

I feel like I am in search for the fugitive word,

which is always on the run, which is always

agile and elusive. I am always searching for it

whether I am awake or if I am dreaming. I find

it is a task I will always be undertaking. I search

for it at night and in the day. It always gets away,

this fugitive word. It may not exist, perhaps it is

just a myth. It has me questioning myself always.

I search for it in the bitter and sweet flowers. 

Perhaps it is concealed in the lips of a future

lover. It is always near and yet so far away.

I am always waiting for it to be within my reach.

The search always deepens as night fills my eyes.

This fugitive word lives in the darkest shadow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Marvinlouis Dorsey

What has happened  to my sha- dow how many colors are in eyes  of the  foolish  some- one has us in this  place time where no one  knows how...